King’s Stanley and Selsley Trust is a combination of village charities. The earliest was established in 1597.
The charities have evolved over the centuries to become the King’s Stanley and Selsley Trust. Its charitable aims are:
· The prevention or relief of poverty
· The relief of those in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
In 2011 the Trust sold Deacon’s Close for housing development. The capital from the sale has been invested and the income together with other income is distributed as grants, in line with the Trust’s charitable aims.